Online Creator Podcast | Episode 026
In this episode of the Online Creator Podcast, Kim talks with Terri. Terri Huggins is an award-winning journalist she’s excelled in following her calling of telling the stories that need to be told and evoking emotions aligned with clear takeaways through her stories.
Listen to the episode now:
In the last 10 years, she’s had the opportunity to contribute meaningful reported stories and personal essays to publications including Real Simple, New York Times, Parents, Washington Post, Good Housekeeping, Essence, Better Homes and Gardens, Travel & Leisure and more.
While she writes thoroughly reported stories about travel and personal finance, her primary focus is reported features with a mission to better understand and expose relationships, health advocacy, the emotional well-being of parents, and their respective intersections with race and culture.
Through it all, she continues to follow her hack for living life with no regrets: do what you love, give love, and lead with love and hopes you’ll learn to do the same.
Join the conversation to hear:
- How she ended up in the field of journalism and what she loves about it
- As a journalist, Terri shares her expertise in how to properly as questions to get to the heart of their story
- Terri’s perspective on the difference between PR and journalism
- As an independent journalist, how Terri helps her clients be seen through their written word
- How to make your next pitch stand out, be relevant and be worthy of mentions!
- Her expert tips on how to get mentioned in the media, the power of a ‘warm’ pitch
- What her take is on AI and how you can use it as a tool in your business
This is a conversational-style podcast filled with genuine advice, actional tips and strategies to help you be seen and heard in your industry. Check out more episodes here Online Creator Podcast.
Enjoy the conversation!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Visit Terri over on Twitter HERE
- Say hello over on Instagram HERE
- Book recommendation, The Power of Less and the fine art of Essential in Business and in life
Rapid Fire Questions:
- What parts of you are you most proud of?
- Are you an active reader or a binge-watcher?
- A book that she is currently reading and that is on repeat.
If this episode inspires you, I would love to hear your thoughts. Join Kim on Instagram, @mayandjamesco, screenshot and share your favourite episode on stories with your community, and leave a review on why you love the show on Apple Podcasts.
Thanks for your support!
Music created by ES_Ease With the Breeze and ES_A Mistake (Instrumental Version) – Particle House